Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Moveable Feast Pt.2

While I was reading the next 50 pages of Hemingway's, A Moveable Feast, I found it to be quite odd. This is because Ernest Hemingway describes some of the weird things he does that allows him to work better and write better. One of these things includes him not eating. However, he has another reason for not eating; he isn't eating so that his wife has enough to eat. I found this to be very noble. Hemingway is willing to give up his own food so that his wife has enough. That is the definition of a true man and a great husband. 

Another thing that I found to be interesting was when another author was introduced. This author is Ford Madox Ford. I feel as if though Ford is quite weird. He keeps asking Hemingway if he saw him cut some other gentleman that walked into the same cafe as them. While doing this he seems to be happy. 

This book is pretty interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. This does seem like an interesting book and how sad it is that he starves himself so that his wife will have enough to eat. If it were my husband, however, I'd prefer sharing because what if he dies from starvation? That would mean more suffering for his wife in the long-run.

    ReplyDelete